Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not so much resolutions as they are much needed changes

I rang in the New Year in Sioux Falls this year, kissing my husband and celebrating with some of my dearest friends from college. Since some were not able to attend the gathering, I spent an obscene amount of time whirling around town, drinking far more soda than one should ever consume, meeting friends and catching up on where our lives have taken us since May of 2008.

I've been lots of places and done lots of things, some of which has been amazing while others were not so good, but I'm not writing this to rehash all of the mistakes I've made or go on and on about all of the wonderful things I feel like I've accomplished in my short and pitiful life.

As I relished in showing off my amazing husband and enjoyed the evening's festivities, I internally tried to process what I wanted this year to hold for me. Here is the list that I came up with:

1. Finally get healthy. I'm going to officially start teaching Zumba this Thursday and I refuse to be a fat fitness instructor. This is no longer about wanting to look better in a cattle call at an auditions, or finally feel like I deserve to be standing next to Sam when he is working out or looking oh so fine in his "going out" clothes. Getting healthy is about helping me be better. A better person to be able to keep up with the kids in youth group and sweet little Sophie. A more confident person who can wear clothing and be comfortable in it. And a more energetic woman who can better serve and minster in the ways that God is calling my husband and I.

2. Read 52 books by December 31, 2011. After a life of academics, a year on the road, and now then end of 18 months of running around with my head cut off, I'm more than anxious to take some time and read all of the books that I've been meaning to get to for quite some time. WIth the help of the gift of a Kindle from my father in law and some free time, I plan on reading a book a week from now until the end of the year, so please send me your suggestions! Also included in this will be the Bible. So I guess I'm wanting to ready 53 books this year.

3. Create a loving and nurturing and drama free environment in my home. I need to chill out and quit being so high strung.

4. Be open to what God is trying to tell me and quit fighting Him.

5. Try to love everyone with intensity and passion so that they may know God's love through me for as long as our paths cross. Some people are only in our lives for a short period of time, and I want to impact everyone in the best possible way.



So, there are my goals for the next 361 days. I'll try to keep an updated list of my books and how things are going. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment