Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where was I?

Ten years ago I was a sophomore in high school, sitting in journalism class. Life was scary because I had papers due, I didn't have many friends, and I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Now, I am sitting in the home that I own with my husband that we were only able to afford because someone couldn't anymore because of the recession, and life is scary because those who "run" our country won't quit fighting, the media swings the vote instead of letting people know the true issues at hand, more people are living without jobs, more people are hungry, more people are bullied for what they believe, ways they act, and who they are. Life is scary because friends are fighting a never ending war against terrorists, cancer, against grief and loss and disease since 9-11-01, and against unseen dark forces that move in our world.  Please, God, let peace start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment