Monday, September 5, 2011

Stolen from a friend who stole it from someone else.

One of my dearest and bestest friends in the world has taught me so much.  She has helped me through rough patches in my marriage, talked me down from countless anxiety attacks, taught me cooking secrets, and has joined me on a plethora of crafting adventures.  This summer she started a series entitled "A Thousand Beautiful Things." 

At first, I kind of laughed at her an thought to myself "A thousand things?  In this world? Probably not."  I kind of stuck with this mentality until last night at youth group.

For our fall schedule, we are walking the kids through the fruit of the Spirit.  Sam and Greg and I talked with them last night about what fruit they thought was the easiest for them and what they thought was the hardest.  As I sat there pondering their answers, I couldn't help but realize that I try really hard to be gentle and kind and I try to exhibit some semblance of self- control, but when it comes to joy and peace, I tend to run in the opposite direction.  Maybe, if I start focusing on the beauty that does truly exist in this world (yes, even in North Platte), maybe I will find some peace in my life and learn to feel joy in a way that I have ignored for so long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment