Monday, May 3, 2010

Finding, not sloving

"Finding the mystery." This phrase was used in the sermon that was given the day that I married my best friend. I thought it was interesting. Find the mystery. Enjoy the mystery. Love the mystery of everyday life. But not once did larry say, "Solve the mystery."

So much of my life has been about striving to find the answers. Solving things and then moving on to the next. What if I slowed down for a bit and dedicated my life to finding the mystery and loving it instead of frantically frittering about? What if I chose to live God's way and to follow his path, instead of forging ahead on my own and trying to make things more difficult for myself? And what if I let all of my dreams and plans for my life disappear so I can focus on the goals and aspirations that God has in store for me?

I have never been much of a writer. In my attempts to write beautiful stories, keep journals, and track my life with diary entries, all I have ended up with is a shelf full of beautiful notebooks with only a few mere lines or pages written in each. I would be inspired for a few days and write until I couldn't think straight, and then it would go by the wayside.

This whole series of getting impassioned about a project and then letting the flame go out quickly has been the living cycle of my whole life. I want to find that thing that I get up for every morning. I have a job, but no plans for a career. I have a wonderful and beyond loving husband. Sam is my best friend and constant support. He is one of the few people that can keep my on track and focused on what I am working towards. With him by my side, I hope to stay focused on God's plans for me as an individual, as well as for Sam and I as a couple.

This blog is for me. And this blog is for every friend of mine who is struggling to find their place in life. Together we can find this mystery and enjoy it as we walk the road together.

No comments:

Post a Comment